Thursday, January 14, 2010

What an Awesome God we serve!

Gotta tell you about what happened in the last 24 hours...Last night on our way to church, we heard a noise from the back of the truck. It sounded just like a piece of ice breaking free from between the cab and bed of the truck and sliding between the two. We didn't really give it another thought, even though we haven't had cold enough temps to have that kind of ice. We went to church, then to Wal Mart to get some things and then came home...going over 5 speed bumps to get to our apartment (trust me this plays into the story). So, we got to the apartment, and Andi couldn't find her keys...no biggie, I let us in and she figured they were buried in her purse or that she dropped them in the truck. This morning she went to look for them and couldn't find them at all. She grabbed one of the extra keys and fob for her car and left for work...and I had to lock the door. After she left and I locked the door, I couldn't get back to sleep thinking about where she might have lost her keys...if I was unsure of how the Lord works in our lives, I would probably say it was coincidence that reminded me of the noise last night; but, knowing how the Lord leads us, I know Who put that thought in my head. So, tonight after Andi got home, we drove back out (over two more speed bumps) on the road to look to see if the keys had fallen on the road. We both walked a section of the verge to see if they had slid off the road. No dice. We drove back to the apartment complex office so Andi could get a spare apartment key, then back to our apartment (over two more speed bumps). When we got out in front of our apartment, I thought I would look down between the cab and the bed of the truck to see if the keys had somehow gotten stuck on the frame of the truck (I had looked before we went out, but not seriously). I also turned on the clip light that I have on the bill of my cap, and what do you suppose I saw? The keys...lying on the frame of the truck, there even though we had done everything we could to dislodge them. God is so Awesome!!

1 comment: